Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Discuss how culture influences your lives: How has culture made you the people that you are today? How different would you be had you grown up in a different culture?

Culture has made me the person who I am today by becoming one huge aspect that is a part of my life. Without culture, I wouldn't know who I am now. It made me realize that where my cultural roots had come from has a unique history and background. Learning and tracking down where my family originally came from is also unique. Especially, how your parents tell stories about where they were born. If I had grown up in a different culture would it be different? Well, I'm already grown up in a different culture. I'm Cambodian, but had adapted to American culture. So, the real question is "do I feel different?" Yes I do. Between my culture and the American culture, we do things differently. For example, our holidays are celebrated in different ways compared to American holidays. Living in the two cultures really had changed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment